Appointing a school coordinator
A school coordinator is the support person at your school who is responsible for registering students in Te Kura courses and ensuring they are supported in their studies. They are also the main contact for Te Kura subject teachers, Te Kura Enrolment Services staff and each Te Kura regional relationship coordinator.
When enrolling schools appoint a coordinator and provide contact details to Te Kura, the coordinator is provided with a password-protected log on to the Te Kura Enrolment System (TES) and to the school log on for My Te Kura (our school's online learning environment)
More detailed school coordinator guidelines and resources are available in the My Te Kura 00-DualSchools course.
Things to consider
You should ensure that:
- the school coordinator is allocated sufficient time to carry out the role
- the school coordinator understands their roles and responsibilities
- new coordinators are encouraged to contact their regional relationship coordinator
- up-to-date contact details are provided to Te Kura, via the ‘Request for Information’ screen on TES, including contacts for the school, school coordinator, principal and principal’s nominee
- dean and senior staff-level support is provided to the school coordinator.
Support from Te Kura is available
Your regional relationship coordinator is your Te Kura support person. It’s their role to answer questions and to assist with any difficulties. Make a note of the contact details for the relationship coordinator in your region.