Terms and conditions
The following are some of the key points to our Terms and Conditions; however they are meant for reference only. You should read the entire Terms and Conditions below along with our Privacy Section.
- We may ask for confirmation of the ākonga (student) academic record to date from their previous school.
- We are required to collect personal information from our ākonga. The information is lawfully used to deliver educational services to the ākonga and to carry out the administrative activities of Te Kura (the School).
- We may also provide this information to third parties where it relates to the education, health, welfare or safety of the ākonga, both during and after enrolment at Te Kura.
- By enrolling with Te Kura, ākonga authorise the School to disclose the personal information to selected third parties.
- You have the right to access information directly relating to matters concerning your education or the education of your child/ākonga.
- Personal information held by Te Kura about an ākonga can only be released to the ākonga.
- Personal information held by Te Kura about an ākonga can only be released to third parties with the ākonga’s written permission or under an exception in the Privacy Act.
- You have the right to access and request corrections to personal information held by the School. Requests should be in writing to the School’s Privacy Officer.
- Ākonga enrolling in courses that lead to New Zealand national qualifications must complete the online authentication statement for all assessment activities at the time of submission. The assessment activities may also require supervision.
- Te Kura reserves the right to monitor your communication, work or data relating to communication technologies.
- Ākonga and their support people can discuss the ākonga’s learning needs and concerns with Te Kura staff. If the concern cannot be resolved Te Kura has formal complaints procedures.
- Most Te Kura courses are available online or use online resources. You will need to have access to a computer with internet connectivity in order to enrol in these courses. Please ensure you have such access or are eligible for our Laptop and Connectivity programme, before enrolling in an online course.